Purpose Of This Notice
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the laws of the State of Ohio, generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA and the laws of this State, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Encore Wealth Planning.
What Information We Collect and From Whom We Collect It
We may collect nonpublic personal information about you and your family members from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information we receive from medical records or medical professionals
- Information we receive from personal interviews
- Information we may collect from individuals to assist in handling claims
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others
- Information we receive from non-affiliated third parties (i.e. HR Departments)
- “Nonpublic personal information” is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you.
What Information We Disclose and To Whom We Disclose It
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
- To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to preform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you
- To third parties in order to assist in the resolution of claims
- To a medical care institution to medical professional in order to verify coverage and/or benefits, conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud
- To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies
- To an insurance carrier for the purpose of securing competing quotes prior to the renewal of an existing insurance policy
Our Practices Regarding Information Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time and you will be notified if any changes occur.